Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Softball is still in my Blood




This summer our old softball team got back together and we are playing once a month. It's been fun to get everyone together and have Scott meet all my old softball friends.
Scott came and watched me umpire during a tournament we had. My last game was last night. I met some fun girls who are in college that umpired with me. Many of them are not playing too far away from home so maybe I can catch a few games. It's been neat to build relationships with these girls and watch all their dreams for the future still be ahead of them. Many are changing their degree and some just want to be done. I felt like they were good for me to be around. To hear their views on things and listen to what they feel is important. I know in everything I do, I try to look for why God has me in the places he has me. I hope I can make a difference and an impact. To learn about their lives and just listen, my hope would be I could be a friend.
I am looking into volleyball officiating for the month of August and Sept. To get me through the Fall months until Spring. I am enjoying staying in sports for my jobs. God is good in providing opportunities to work with people who love the same sports I do and it's teaching me a little more insight into what they go through. As a coach, I think you need this experience to help you relate and be a better coach. As an Athletic Director, I feel it's very important to understand everyones role in sports. Please pray for me as their is a job on the table, which God might be preparing me for and I want to know it's from Him. So whether my future lies in coaching, athletic directing, or serving as an official, I want to do it for the Glory of HIM!

No comments: