Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sites, Shows, Kiss Marathons, Sequence games and a Yankees Game







I thought I would give a little insight to our conversations and special little quotes throughout our trip. My favorite quote from Huck was "You're Aunt Tina, Dada's sister but who is Scott?" During our Ellis Island adventure Huck asked his mommy about a glass room set up like when immigrant first came to NY to show people what the sleeping conditions were like. He asked "How did they get through the glass to sleep?" One breakdown Scott and I both thought was sweet. Huck was enjoying his subway ride when a homeless man came up who was very creepy and sad. He was asking for money or food. Jonny (my sister-in-law) gave him a granola bar and it was a very sweet gesture. Huck on the other hand burst into tears. Words spoken by many on the train. Jonny, "I think he is truly upset about the homeless man" Me, "No good deed goes unpunished" The man next to us, "He is just pissed you gave away his granola bar."
Back at the apartment Scott lead in all categories of quotes after his leadership in the hand motions to the YMCA and clapping in between plays of Sequence, being the bad link partner in Sequence because everyone else won at least one game with a partner after three nights, knowing their dog Max needed his kennel after pacing in the hall way and amazing Huck with his Lego and sand tunnel building. My favorite was when we went to the M&M store and Scott got a little carried away with filling his bag of M&M's costing 13.99 but hey he shared with all of us. I think Huck's bag of thirty little M&M's lasted longer then Scott's.
We saw a Broadway show "Curtains" and loved it! We visited everything you can imagine in 100 degree heat. Saw the Yankees play the Royals. Scott and I's favorite teams.
Huck, Scott and I would have sweet kiss circles we called marathons because they lasted awhile. It was very adorable. I love my little nephew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I love that your camera got stuck on black and white! Very nice pictures from an incredibly nice weekend!!!! Thank you so much for coming to visit us!!!!!!!