Thursday, June 19, 2008

Home Improvement Projects



So we have been working on home improvements lately. Scott and I stated clearing the rock garden and transforming it into a flower garden. I spent Tuesday with my dad and he shared with me all about his flowers but this time I really listened. I went away with about 24 different flowers from his garden. I have been learning about the hard work done by people who get little reward. I have always enjoyed seeing my parents gardens and flowers. It wasn't until recently do you realize the joy of seeing something you planted grow. All the hard work and dedication put into improving your home. I dug into the rock garden and put all the rock on my blue tarp. Thinking we could pull it off to the side of the house until we got a truck to get rid of it. As I piled and piled rock on this tarp, Scott mentioned it wasn't going to move anywhere. So determined to get the rock off the grass and out of our back yard, I shoveled rock for two hours in a truck. Good times. But I am praising God for the fact I can even do that because of how my back was several months ago. I am blessed to be able to work outside. As my step mother sits on the couch, my dad mentions how she was the one who taught him about flowers. She now spends most of her days inside because of her major back issues. I am reminded of how we learn from each other and can bring beauty by what we learn. I have been learning a lot by not being so busy. I now see changes in trees, flowers and how white/bright the colors are in them. Isn't it amazing we are blind to so many things and when our eyes are open the world becomes so much bigger and brighter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see all your home improvements in person! Love and miss you two!