Monday, May 05, 2008

Highs and Lows








Last week our softball team went 2-0 to be ranked 1st in the city league along with two other teams. Of course our head coach got water all over him and he was elated. We are now sitting 14-2 as an over all record and only have one more game to play in the city league. We were all pretty pumped because this last team is not going to give us much trouble. But I received a phone call last night that our coach's father had a heart attack and passed suddenly. We are praying for his family and the funeral will be soon. It's quite tough when something like this happens. Please pray I will be an encouragment to our team and to his family. Part of being a championship team is overcoming tough situations. It's put us at a crossroads to know how the girls will play on Tuesday. Scott and I have enjoyed coaching together and we are thankful God has put us on this team for such a time as this, to be an ear, a hug and just a friend. It makes me thankful for the time I have with my two father's and how time is precious.

No comments: