
Tonight I was asked to take the varsity softball team because our coach wasn't going to be at the game. I was nervous and felt scared about winning two games for the title of city league. We had one player out because her uncle died and another just came back from a broke check bone (getting hit in a previous game). The team we were playing was ranked midway in the conference and should be an easy win. First game was easy 12-0 but the second game was close 5-2 most of the game, until we opened it up in the 6th, winning 10-2. We huddled up and I congradulated them on two big wins. I was preparing to talk about what we were going to do about the funeral for our coaches father and our coach came walking up. He was so proud of the girls and what they had accomplished, you could tell he was crying. I stopped midsentence and told the girls to go hug him. They all hugged and cried for about three minutes. It was truly a sweet moment. One I was proud to be apart of and allowed to help out. God is so good for allowing us to have moments that truly matter in lifes picture. Coach told the girls, "Remember to always tell your parents you love them, I was fortunate to have told my father." Thanks Dad for all you taught me about baseball and for giving me the opportunity to play softball. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment