Friday, April 04, 2008

Coaching together

Because I am coaching JV at the High School level my husband has been a volunteer in helping me with coaching. He is really love it and it helps him get to know the girls and we can talk about what happened. It's been so much fun. The girls really look forward to watching us interact. I love having him there and participating in teaching our girls. One of our girls hadn't ever slid before and as she rounded third, I told her to watch the throw. She didn't watch and just kept going, as she approached home the ball got there and she slid. She was called out but the look on her faces was as if she had won a golden globe award. She got up and said, "I don't know where that came from. I have no idea how I did that." We all smiled and laughed, everyone seemed to be proud of her accomplishment as if she was safe. I got a kick out of some of our accomplishments. After the game we asked them what they had achieved this game. They all started throwing out things. Leading off, sliding, throwing people out, but none of them mentioned winning the game. I was very proud of them for looking to improve and not caring about the score. We are having a lot of fun and the girls make it so enjoyable. They are very sweet.

No comments: