Tonight we went to our second session of our class at church called Perspectives. Also today our pastor talked about Prayer and praying in Jesus Name. I was overwhelmed by what God was telling me through these men today. I learned so much in one day and it felt amazing to know God cares about the next stage of life.
Today, I learned it's extremely important to not forget to pray for things from God with out medium, Jesus Christ. I mean what gives us the courage to go before the Father as if speaking to him like a friend and not all the other things He is as well(like Father, Judge, Creator, and King). I think we get so relaxed in knowing God is a personal God, we forget what sinners we are and how important it is to continuely be reminded of our daily graditude towards the Son. Without the Son, God sees us for who we are... imperfect, infectious, weak individuals but with his Son; He sees us as His Son; perfect, without sin, loveable, warriors for Him and His children. I hope I am explaining this correctly. I just realize everyday how important it is to keep Jesus our connection to the father, by praying "in Jesus Name". Without a growing relationship with the Father and without realizing the importance of our dependance of the Son, we have nothing. We can ask for nothing, we can hope for nothing. But here is the excitment.....with a growing relationship with the Father and the Son, we can ask and know God will answer! We can know God hears our prayers. He may not answer them the way we would hope but He is in our lives to Be Glorified... It's not about us, it's all about HIM. And I am okay with that! Why? Because He is life and life to the fullest! Isn't that just amazing.
Also today, I was met with the idea of many scriptures we have memorized and how we memorize sections but not the full statement at times. We seem to manage learning scripture that helps us understand how blessed we are and how God will be there for us continually by His promises. What I learned was there seems to be a top line statement and a bottom line statement. The top line is how God can bless us and the bottom line is how we are to bless others to glorify God. "The Great Commission". ex. Psalms 46:10 Be still and know I am God; (it's about "us" a top line statement, important but look at the bottom line) I (God) will be exalted amoung the nations, I (God) will be exalted in the earth. The bottom line is God is to be exalted and worshipped. It's are job to help others see God as a "missionary God", he wants to reach all nations in all the earth, to know Him.
Even though, I am on cloud 9 right now with just being married, my mission is not over. I realize how important life changes so quickly. My husband and I have such exciting plans for our future. I believe God is showing me in every blessing there is also a small reminder of "The Great Commission". Whether it's having kids (to love others), moving to a foreign country, or continuing to help our church love on our missionaries, we need to keep right in our relationship with God. It begins and ends with Jesus. What a finding!
1 comment:
I remember the top line bottom line lesson. It was quite eye opening!
Post a Comment