Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Beauty of Kansas Surrounded Me





Going home was a blast! I was able to see friends, family and spend lots of time with my nephew HUCK! When I got back Scott and I did a lot of counseling with friends we respected. In this counseling we made some major decisions for our future. Because we are not so young anymore we know time is passing for us to make good solid decisions for our family. I was feeling uneasy with our decision to stay in Guatemala but didn't know why. As time passed the feeling became even more of my heart changing from wanting to be in charge of a sports program. My heart became so filled with just wanting to be with Scott and take care of his needs. When I came home we talked about our hearts desire to work together in Missions. But also our hearts focus to stay in God's Will for us who has our best interest in mind. We ultimately decided to stay in the States and build our first year of marriage where Scott can lead our marriage and I can be in a supportive role. We would like to look into to working overseas again together but because we want to start our marriage off on a solid foundation we have chosen to live in his house and be surrounded by a supportive church family. We are hoping to continue Scott's work on the missions board but as a couple. Also, help with sending teams overseas. God is so good to help us come to a peace in our decision. Now, it's telling people I work with how much I will be missing them. The goal now is to spend these next few months working on a plan for the sports program here in Guatemala. I would hate for it to stop after I leave. We are working on sending money to help provide a better salary for our PE teacher and continue to send supplies their way. Please pray for this transition. Scott and I are getting married Nov. 2 in Jamaica. I am so excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like Scott is trying to catch up with me in the big belly department.
He's got a long way to go! :)