Friday, November 17, 2006

Visiting with Others






It's been amazing to sit down with people and talk with them about what is going on in their lives. I have been overwhelmed with what God is doing in each of our lives. As I talk with friends about what God is doing in my life, I find it much more interesting to see why God has me in theirs. I have been encouraged by God to be a listener. I have found many friends in need of a listening ear and Lord knows I have been in training to listen. I have listened to singles, married, married with children, grandparents, divorced, seperated, just married, dealing with depression, suicide, health issues, surgery and loneliness. Wow, what an awesome God that he cares for us. I mean he truly meets us where we are at in every area of our lives. I can't tell you how many times God has allowed me to help someone by being aware of what that person needs. Most of the time, it was someone to listen. I think about the woman at the well, Jonah, Mary and other stories in the bible of people being heard and their lives changing. I pray I have been a blessing to those around me. Not very often do you get a chance to really listen to others. I have been blessed by others struggles, defeats, victories, mountain tops and times of loneliness. It is when I hear of others struggling but relying on God, I am reminded we live in a hard world but God is good. To not lean on our own understanding but trust in Him that he knows what is best for us at this certain time. I guess I encourage you all to make time to listen to others it's a wonderful experience even though it's pretty tiring. God Bless you all.

No comments: