
I met Amy during our intermissons conference in Antiqua about three months ago and her, her friend and I hit it off. Amy works for Food for the Hungry in Guatemala City. She invited me to come hangout with her for the weekend and what a blessing she was to me. Being in the City there are fast food restuarants (and you know how much I love those) so we hit Subway. I didn't think about needing to know vegetable words and mustard and mayo. But luckily I don't like 90% of the vegetables. The next day we went Apple B's my favorite restuarant and it was amazing. We even visited a mega church called El Shadi. It was very upbeat and the music lasted about 40 minutes. The guest speaker spoke in English and it was a nice taste of home just for a weekend. Amy and I sat and talked about books in the Bible and our Bible college classes. She was such an encouragement to me. AS I came walking through the gate back to our mininstry and a few roommates waved welcome home. I had a big smile on my face as if I went to Disney Land or something. I don't know why, but it was just encouraging to step back and see how blessed you are in the mininstry you are in. Thanks God for sending me to Gautemala and having friends here and back home praying and encouraging me to stay strong and focused on HIM always. Thanks God!
1 comment:
"Did your burrito have meat on it? Mine wasn't supposed to! Oops, I think this one is yours..."
Does that sound familiar?
I hope you enjoyed a burrito with no meat for me!
I love you and miss you sister!
Post a Comment