




After a long month of teaching and giving final exams my roommate and I decided to take a friend of ours site seeing since we had a three day weekend. Our friend, Kara, has lived here for about two years and is married now to a Guatemalan. She speaks Spanish very well and knows the areas pretty good. She has a son named Evan (who is the same age as my nephew) and I have kind of adopted him as my little sabrino (nephew). She is also two months along on her second child. Her husband took Evan on a father/son camping trip and we decided to take her for a weekend away as well. It was wonderful. We swam in natural pools and hiked a few trails. We stayed in huts off of the raging river and could here it while we slept. It was an amazing two days. I hope we were able to bless her because she is need of many prayers. As an American being married to a Guatemalan life is done without many luxaries. While we were at our camp site there weren't any natives mostly Europians. She sat there loving the time away and then she wondered if her husband would have enjoy it as much as she did. She missed her little monkey (Evan) and we hurried back to her wonderful life of having him close to her side. I realized there is nothing more beautiful then the site of your own child's face. But it's my prayer she was blessed with a little time away to reflect and embrass her life as a guatemalan wife and mother. We love you Kara! I enjoyed meeting new people and sharing my adventurous life God has given me. Beauty without God's love for us is nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment