Monday, July 26, 2010

How Are you REALLY doing?



So having twins comes with lots of joys and high points followed by some low points! Mostly it was like a whirlwind the first two weeks. Now it seems like things have slowed down and I am getting ready to show them the world and take them places/ teach them things outside of this house. We have taken them to Sunday school twice but last time they woke up and it was pretty distracting because they make all these baby noises. They didn't cry just fussed and squirmed. Jackson has pretty good gas issues so taken them to Church was quite fun when he tooted most of the sermon.
Feeding has been the challenge. No one told me it would be an hour and a half process to just feed the two of them. I breast feed, bottle supplement and pump. I guess I wouldn't care if it was 20 minutes of breastfeeding and done but it doesn't seem like that is going to be the case with us. I was hoping the Doctor would say that but he hasn't. So the hard part is feeding one on the breast while moving the other one on to supplement and then if one of them has to burp or spits up...ah it turns in to chaos very quickly. Picking up an eight pound baby not too bad but looking into the future gets me down a little because I don't see how it will all work. Without completely making the other one wait until I am done with one of them. Jackson is having a hard time staying on breast without causing my nipple to pierce up and bring extreme pain through my boob to the depths of my soul. I get frustrated with the whole process because I feel Jackson would much rather just take from the bottle then spend time on the boob. I think supplementing so early might have caused this reaction. But I want him to be satisfied. Rylee is great but she falls asleep at the breast and takes forever to eat on the breast because I have to wake her up and burp her every three minutes. Then she wants more supplement. Aghahgh...They are so cute and lovable. I wish I could hold them all day long I really do and maybe with one I would. But that's life.
That's how I am REALLY doing! :) But boy they are so cute, it makes it seem like such a small thing in such tiny time in their life. Oh how He loves you and me!!!

1 comment:

Jonny said...

Did you ever think you'd spend so much time talking and thinking about your bosoms? I'd like the next blog to be about poop, because that's the other thing new parents talk and think about a lot! WHO KNEW?! xoxo