Saturday, March 20, 2010

24 weeks and counting



So here I am thinking about when I will finally get to hold these sweet little babies! We are down to eight names for each which is pretty good. I am still stuck on just a few names for the boy and a few names for the girl but Scott insist to take one off a week until we come up with two for each baby.
I am feeling them all the time. I thought I was only feeling the boy and my mind was assuming this little boy was a wiggle worm but I later found out after the 3D of them, they are both very active and moving around alot. We didn't get very good 3D pictures of them but that's okay. It makes it a surprise when we do see them.
So I reread my pregnancy blog from last time and I make it sound like I am soooo okay with everything happening to my body. When in fact, I am really struggling being overweight and feet swelling all the time. I am trying to keep a good attitude but it's hard. I can't feel my left hand and fingers most of the time. Now I am wearing a belly belt when I stand for a long time, wrist braces for when I sleep and work (both are not easy) and I bought new shoes. All of which have helped a ton. But I broke down this past week and just felt like it just really sucks to have all these symptoms. I so don't want to complain because I am soooo happy to finally be going through all of this but when your maternity clothes don't fit you even, that is when it's just a little much.
So the good things are my blood pressure is great, the baby's are active and their heartrates were 160 and 145. Which is wonderful. I am sleeping mostly through the night in a recliner.
The tough stuff is having tingling sensation in my hands 24-7 and feet swelling, not being able to sleep with hubby in my bed (too painful on my joints) and clothes not fitting. Funny story time!
So we walk into Verizon to check out a phone discount. I just threw on some clothes not even thinking what I looked like. Ah yeah. Light blue shorts with pink shirt and a navy blue jacket with yellow writing. I totally didn't match and ran into a high school friend there. Good times.

12 % of twins come at 35 weeks which puts us at the end of May if this happens. Wow! So at the least 2 more months at the most 3. So I am totally excited this is just around the corner. I think of our quiet house and how it won't be for long. Scott is getting more and more excited about being a father. We watch movies about dad's having a family and he leans over and kisses me. It's such a great feeling to be able to be a provider of life for my husband. I can't tell you how special I feel about bring him two children into our lives. WOW! its amazing. I watch my nephews video's and I am in such amazement that we too get to experience all the sounds and songs with our little ones too! I guess 2 to 3 months doesn't seems like too tough when it will soon be a different stage. I am praying I am able breast feed my babies for as long as they need it. It's my top priority for now. Please pray with me in this because I want to be able to supply my babies with the very best I can. I was going to post 3D pics but Scott took the camera for his MAN DAY! By the way, it snowed 8 inches and he is driving to OKC today... please pray for him. Then they are shooting guns all day. Pray he stays safe! The things men will do for all you can eat steak and shooting guns.
These pics are from my friends Wedding last weekend. Scott looks pretty excited ah?? Well, he is and I am with all my buddies at the wedding. Everyone thinks I look small for carrying twins but I feel huge!! lol... Take care!

1 comment:

Jonny said...

Love you, Tina!!! I'm so sorry you're in so much discomfort ... but before you know it ... the discomfort will be over and you will have two little humans to kiss and cuddle with!!!! I'm praying for your body to get to feeling better ... especially that hand. Hang in there and give a belly rub to our niece and nephew for us ...