


So when we were confronted with my father's health issues about three months ago. After he was put in a nursing facility, it was a scary thing for all of us. We truly found out what kind of condition they were living in and how things were not good. With Dad having had brain surgery and now a hip replacement, it's good we are finally going to have people caring about these two individuals. Tomorrow we go to the Doctor and then over to the house to visit with a social worker.
The good news is Laura is getting her surgery for her back and this might help them a ton on getting back to a normal life. But the social worker did state its good to have something in place for when someone goes down again that they can come directly back to their house instead of having to go to a nursing facility or to our house.
We are in special need for Laura to understand the importance of dad being on medicade. She is in control of his money and it's her decision. I pray she will allow him to live a normal life with care at home. This is what she has been fighting for but yet she is fighting it with not wanting him to be on Medicade. Seems ironic.
This week is much better then last. Dad is able to do more and his home health care is over this week as far as his therapy here. Last week it was just so awful because neither Scott or I felt appreciated. Dad wanted to go home and had a long talk with Laura and things are much better now.
I put this tree picture up because sometimes I feel like dad has lost so much of himself. This tree had a large branch break off from a storm recently. Everyday I walk by it to get the mail and never really paid attentions until one day a long branch stuck out like a sore thumb. Then I saw all these little branches starting to grow where the tree was missing branches. It was healing itself. I saw this little branch growing where the old one was and it reminded me.. it's just going to take time to grow. Dad needs more time to grow back his strength and gain what he has lost. Thanks Nature and God for reminding me there is still hope when so much is taken away.
1 comment:
My goodness Tina - you have been through a LOT lately! Thankfully some good with the bad. I haven't done a good job keeping up with your blogs, but I have added you as a link to mine, so I can improve.
I am sorry to hear about your dad, but glad to see things are getting better. It is amazing to see the Lord working each day - and be able to look back and say 'oh, that is why that happened'. I am going to commit to praying this week for your dad's salvation. I can't think of anything better to pray about! LOL
Take care,
cherish henning
Post a Comment