Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Elections are over and Obama is the President


I am not shocked by this out come but I know many in Kansas are going to be. My husband went to bed early because he was tired emotionally. I, on the other hand, wanted to hear the speaches and see reactions. I am concerned with our future in America. There are many reasons for concern but it's not about one man trying to bring about change. It's more about not understanding what that change will be. It's amazing the expressions on many African Americans as they are in awe of this out come and tears of joy are flowing. It's great to see all different ethnic groups standing cheering for a hope of an America to come together in working for peace, growth, care and love. It's my prayer this hope he declares for America can be possible. I wanted McCain/Palin to win but it didn't happen. They didn't have all the answers but Obama did for most Americans! There are unsettling matters on my mind tonight and I know I must give it to God. Am I sad? A little. Do I think Obama will represent the USA well to other nations? Yes! But will he be representing all of America! Can he bring us together? Today is historical! I was apart of this day by voting. Obama is getting ready to speak!!...... Good Speach Obama! I am praying for your leadership and God to lead you! Lord be with us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayer during this election time was "God, please bless us in these United States, hold us together and please protect us. HE did just that in California with the people standing up for HIS declaration of marriage and my prayer now is this is just the beginning of our country standing up together for what we believe in. May God bless America, land that I love. Mama Judy

Anonymous said...

As an Obama supporter I got to say ... thank you for your incredibly loving words, Tina.

Anonymous said...

Tina, I could not believe it when I saw your post link off Jennifer Lancasters blog site. I think about you all the time, this is Cherish Henning, I coached with your for a while at Friends in 2001/2002. If you get a minute, email me at hdgrp@sbcglobal.net I would love to visit more.

Glad to hear things are good,
cherish