Friday, August 22, 2008

This Fall? Volleyball and Football


Well, I am getting into officiating volleyball at the High School Level first. I have gone to some clinics and am very excited to start. I will be starting my first tournament Sept. 6th. Please pray for me as I will be very nervous. It's been great to get out there again. Scott has been a good encourager because he knows I want to stay involved in sports and bring some fun money home so we can go on trips and things. This makes it nice because I can say yes and no to certan dates and if we have something planned I can say no. Unlike coaching! In coaching you are committed full time for the whole season and it's everyday! I miss working with the kids but somehow I really enjoy just making the calls and letting someone else do the coaching. Several officials have been super sweet and are excited that someone is coming into officiating already knowing the game well. I think I am going to enjoy it. The thing I am very excited about is not having to wear white shoes with black pants.. PTL!!! They changed and wear black shoes now.. I always thought that was a little dorky.
Scott is still working away. He is very excited for football season as K-State will be taking the field very soon. Scott was invited by a friend to attend their first home game! He is so pumped and the next weekend he is going Dove hunting with the guys. This is an annual thing and Scott loves thinking about it. He enjoys being with his friends and getting some good guy time!

No comments: