Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas is almost here and the stockings are hung






Well, it's been so amazing to be a mom. Jackson is now consistently rolling around everywhere. Rylee just kicks her legs and smiles a lot. I do think I was given the best babies around.

Yesterday we took them to the nursery for the first time at Church. They did great and I survived giving my babies away to a few strangers. Luckily Tom and good friend of mines husband was working and it eased my worries quiet a bit. When we picked them up Jackson was cuddled in Tom's arms and Jackson looked very tired. It was very sweet.
Rylee came out smiling and we were told what a smiley baby we had. sigh...

We hung our stockings last night and it was so awesome to have everyone's stockings up on the fireplace. It made me almost tear up at the thought of this last year and all we have been through. This time last year we were thinking we were about to have three children. We thought we were going to adopt a little girl and then have twins 6 months later. So much has happened and now we are so thankful of how it all worked out. Two kids is enough to make my sleeping hours decrease, I can't imagine what three kids would have done.

Rylee is sleeping through the night and it's wonderful. Jackson, on the other hand, can only sleep about five hours tops before he wakes up again and needs fed. It's been good for the most part because they go down together around 6:30 7:00. I am praying now with more solid foods he will sleep longer. Not so far...;(.

Rylee has learned to scream and do a motor boat sound. She can also do a great 50 year old lady who has smoked most her life voice. Oh it's pretty. Jack learns something and then forgets but has recently remembered he can roll a lot, spit raspberries, scream really loud or cough to get mom's attention.

Things we hear a lot... "Oh Twins..." yeah boy and a girl..."Are they identical?" hmmmmmm. They are looking at them at the time. One is bald/blond the other has brown hair. One has blue sparkling eyes, the other handsome piercing brown eyes. OH yeah they are identical. ;0

Scott is a great dad and doing everything he can to help around the house. Most of the time we are on the same page but sometimes I am so tired, I can be a pill. I know, I know... you can't imagine me being hard to put up with but it's true sometimes. After four times a day pumping, 16 diaper changes, five bottle feedings a day, washing bottles, washing clothes,taking out the trash and no down time except when my children are playing on the floor at 6 am and I can type this... ;)

Naps are 30 minutes long for Jackson and I have to keep them on the same schedule or they really do kill me... it makes for a very long day. I am tired right now...Wish I could write more but I just want to lay down for the ten minutes I have left. ;(

1 comment:

Jonny said...

You are a wonderful mom, Tina!!!!! Thanks for these sweet updates. xoxoxoxo